Lightweight yet rugged SPEC 44 and SPEC 55 wire and cable products
are radiation-crosslinked to provide superior electrical characteristics and
physical strength. These flexible and flame-retardant products have high
melting temperatures and are resistant to a variety of solvents and
chemicals. Both product lines are available in multiple component cables
and as shielded and jacketed cables.
Spec 44 Wire Products
- Offer significant weight savings over conventional high-temperature wire insulation systems.
- Voltage ratings of 600, 1000, and 2500 volts allow for application versatility.
- Operating temperatures from -65°C to 150°C.
- Meet MIL-W-81044 and MIL-C-27500 standards.
Spec 55 Wire Products
- Are highly reliable in harsh environments, from -65°C to 200°C.
- Have a tough polymer formulation that protects against scrapes, abrasion, and cut-through, and resists electrical arc tracking in both dry and wet conditions.
- 600-volt rating.
- Meet MIL-W-22759 and MIL-C-27500 standards.
FlexLite Wire Products
Raychem’s FlexLite wire and cable products provide cost-effective solutions for a wide range of commercial applications, from appliances to electronics to motors and electrical equipment. Advantages include space savings, excellent shop handling characteristics, and highly reliable performance—even in demanding, high-temperature environments.
FlexLite products are available in a variety of colours and gauge sizes.
FlexLite HT hook-up wire
An attractive alternative to fluoropolymer and glass-braid silicone lead wires, especially in lighting, appliance, electrical, and motor applications with high temperatures and limited space.
FlexLite DW primary wire
A dual-wall, space-efficient wire with nonflowing insulation suitable for applications that occasionally generate high temperatures, such as power tools or intermittent-duty motors and heating elements.
FlexLite HM lead wire
An inexpensive, reliable, and high-performing hermetic motor lead wire that offers excellent refrigerant resistance, shop handling and mechanical performance.
FlexLite TW hook-up wire
A tough, thin-wall-insulated wire designed for electronics, appliance, and motor applications where small size and lightweight are critical, such as disk drives, ballasts, motors, and appliances.
Additional Wire and Cable products
- Low-fire-hazard and low outgassing wire and cables for the mass transit and space industries.
- High temp power cables –55 to 125 Deg.C with excellent chemical withstand, single or dual wall construction and diesel oil resistant.
- Custom-design high performance multicore cables. Applications are found in mass transit, aerospace, marine and high performance instrumentation.
- Other high performance cable products available include Thermocouple extension cables, and small lightweight coaxial cables.